1. If the ice cream is very soft, the brine
is not cold enough. More salt should be added to reduce the brine
2. If the ice cream is coarse and ice in less than 20 minutes, the brine
has become to too cold too quickly. Too much salt has been used.
3. Make the ice cream mix the day before it is frozen to get a smoother
product and a higher yield.
4. Electric freezing takes longer than hand operated.
5. Use crushed ice for freezing.
6. Freeze at least 3 hours before the ice cream is to be served.
7. Be sure dasher is correctly centred in the freezer can.
8. Add liquid flavours before freezing but if you want to add fruits or
nuts, add them after freezing and before hardening.
9. Use a wire whip to blend ingredients for best results.
10. Clean the salt off all the metal parts of the freezer to prevent